Loaded with nutrients, lauki is one of the most healthy vegetables for all of us. From lauki kheer to lauki sabzi, there are a variety of dishes that you can make with lauki. So, to give a tweak to your usual lauki recipes, we bring before you Sanjeev Kapoor’s lauki bharta recipe that is sure to treat your taste buds with lots of flavours. Sanjeev Kapoor captioned the recipe of lauki bharta as: “Kaun kehta hai lauki boring hai? Jisne bhi ye kaha hoga usne zaroor ye Lauki ka Bharta nahi try kiya hoga. Aap toh kijiye! ”. So, without further ado wear your aprons and make this delicious lauki bharta for your meals.
1. Bottle gourd – 400 g
3. Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
4. Garlic – 1 tbsp
5. Green chillies – 2
6. Onion – 1
7. Tomatoes – 2
8. Salt – according to taste
9. Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
10. Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
11. Coriander powder – 1 tsp
13. Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
14. Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
15. Roasted peanut powder – 2 tbsp
1. Take the bottle gourd and apply oil over its skin. Then, roast the bottle gourd till it is charred.
2. After it is charred, then peel out its skin and cut the bottle gourd into small pieces.
3. Next, take a pan and add some oil to it. Later, add cumin seeds, garlic, green chillies, onion, tomatoes and saute it for some time.
4. Also, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and an adequate amount of water. Cook till oil gets separated.
5. When you see thick gravy is formed, then add chopped bottle gourd to it.
6. Then, add lemon juice, coriander leaves and roaster peanut powder.
7. Finally, enjoy this delicious lauki bharta with roti.
View this post on Instagram
You can also follow our lauki bharta recipe.
Disclaimer: BetterButter claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on BetterButter, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Saumya Srivastava is a passionate reader who likes writing poetry. She is an avid foodie who keeps exploring new types of cuisine. Besides, she also has a strong love for literature.