There is a lot being researched on a woman’s methods of managing her menstrual cycle like the products that a woman opts for, its benefits and the comforts. If you’ve shifted from sanitary napkins to tampons and are wondering if that was the right choice then here we have another product that can help you handle your menstrual days with ease-Menstrual cups.
Tampons and menstrual cups have been the two other alternatives to the age-old system of using pads. Though both the products have fared well in the market, each has its own pros and cons to look into for the longer run.
Why should you use a Tampon?
- Tampons are way easier to wear and are less likely to mess in their positioning like that of a napkin.
- You can use a tampon and easily get inside a pool to swim.
- You can also indulge in any kind of sports activities when you use a tampon.
- Unlike a napkin, you wouldn’t feel wearing one during those days.
- It isn’t going to be visible under your pants.
- Compact to carry in your wallet.
- Hygienic and comfortable under any type of underwear.
However, tampons do have their disadvantages which stops women from using them-
- With a tampon, it is very difficult to identify when you need to change else it would stain your undergarments.
- Women might end up with bacterial infections in their vagina with inflammations due to chemicals like dioxins, polypropylene, chlorine in the tampons.
- Tampons lead to toxic shock syndrome wherein the bacteria is being developed in the vagina which enters the bloodstream. This makes you fall sick with fever, dizziness, and dehydration.
- Finally, in order to use tampons, one must know how to fix it appropriately in the right place else it would be a mess.
Why should you opt for A Menstrual Cup?
- Menstrual cups are very eco-friendly. A lot of trees aren’t wasted in manufacturing a cup which is actually the case with other menstrual products.
- It doesn’t need to be changed often and can last for longer hours, unlike pads or tampons which you need to change every 4 to 6 hours.
- Menstrual cups are very handy during intercourse though it is your personal choice.
- They are very economical. You can save a lot of money that you spend on pads and tampons.
- You can use reusable or disposable cups as per your convenience and reusable cups last for years.
- Doesn’t give a foul smell like pads or tampons.
- Saves the vaginal bacteria and retains the fluid with pH level down there.
- Menstrual cups come in different sizes and shapes as per your requirement.
Though menstrual cups have their list of merits to convince you to opt for one, the most important factor that might make you step back is its maintenance! How effectively are you going to maintain it?
- Washing and using it again might be embarrassing.
- Fixing it appropriately is another tricky lesson to learn.
- Removing might end up messy if you don’t know where exactly to pull.
The Deciding Factors – Which one to go with?
If you are looking for a healthy period with safer intimate parts, then menstrual cups are good to go. These cups don’t have any chemicals or allergic reactions and are safer for longer hours. It would definitely give you the required moisture, unlike a tampon which totally dries your vagina. You need to learn how your anatomy is, to insert and remove the cup accordingly. Once you are used to the initial lessons, using menstrual cups are going to be a breeze!
The first time I read about menstrual cups was in a daily news. Since then I wanted to try it out. I asked one of my friends who used it. She told me all about the tricky ways to insert and use it. I was ready to get my hands dirty, as I didn’t want to compromise on my health and hygiene factors. I was up for it and was moving towards a healthy period. Have you made the right choice?
Image Source: youtube, pixabay