প্র সময় 20 min
রান্নার সময় 20 min
পরিবেশন করা 6 people
Ingredients to make Handvo in bengali
- For Handva Flour:
- Rice – 1 cup
- Red split gram – ½ cup (masur dhuli)
- Yellow split gram – ½ cup (chana dal)
- Wheat – 4 tbsp
- Bengal Gram – 2 tbsp (chickpea)
- White split gram – 2 tbsp (urad dhuli)
- Semolina – 2 tbsp
- Sour Yoghurt – 1 ½ cup
- Bottle Gourd (grated) or Corn Kernels or Cabbage (chopped) – 2 cups
- Oil – as required
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Ginger Chilli Paste – 2 tsp
- Garlic Pods Whole – 4 to 5 (optimal)
- Soda Bicarbonate – 2 tsp
- Peanuts – ½ cup
- Asafoetida – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- For Tempering:
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Round Red Chillies – 3 to 4
- Asafoetida – a pinch (hing)
- Curry Leaves – 4 to 5
How to make Handvo in bengali
- Grind all the dals to make a flour. Soak handva flour mixture with sour yoghurt and soda overnight.
- Grease a medium sized baking dish with a little oil. Preheat the oven to 150ᵒC.
- When the batter is fermented, add choice of vegetable, salt, ginger-chilli paste, sugar, asafoetida, and two tbsp of oil and soda bicarbonate and mix it with little water.
- Mix the batter very lightly and pour it into a greased baking dish. Take a pan, heat 4 tbsp oil, add mustard, peanuts and sesame seeds. When they splutter, add asafoetida, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering over the Handva batter and bake it in a preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes until it forms a golden crust and knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool. Cut into squares and serve with green chutney or sweet-sour pickle.