Eggless Mango Semolina Cake
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 25 min
Serves 10 people
About Eggless Mango Semolina Cake
Flavour of the season! The best mango cake you will have that too without maida. *Adapted from many recipes found online*
Ingredients to make Eggless Mango Semolina Cake
- 1 cup of Semolina/Rava/Sooji (I used the fine variety)
- 1 cup Mango pulp (ready made/canned/fresh mango pulp-I used fresh)
- 1/4 cup oil- Any flavourless oil or even butter or ghee if preferred
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cardamom (elaichi)
- ¼ cup chopped nuts for garnish, I used pistachios because they add a nice colour and texture (optional)
How to make Eggless Mango Semolina Cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Mix the Sooji with sugar, cardamom and baking powder.
- Next add oil and mix well. Finally, add the mango pulp and mix again. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour in a greased loaf pan and garnish with nuts.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Be careful and keep a close watch after 25 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to see if properly baked. If the knife comes out clean then remove immediately. If it is kept for a longer time, the cake will become hard on the top.
- Allow to cool completely and then cut and serve.