Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 30 min
Serves 4 people
About Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus
Belarus is an East European country. Potato has a great role in Belarus National Cuisine, and it is one of the leaders in per capita production and consumption of Potato. Draniki is one such dish, which is hugely popular among locals as well as loved by tourists as well.
Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus, a deliciously amazing recipe to treat your family members. This recipe of Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus by Sanchari Jayanta will definitely help you in its preparation. Surprisingly the preparations for Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus can be done within 20 minute. Isn't it interesting. Also, the time taken for cooking Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus is not very much. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish is definitely going to come out superb! This recipe is almost perfect to serve 4 people.A lot of times making Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus can be quite tricky, so the recipe in Better Butter can help you in making it. The aroma which arises while cooking Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus is just too tempting. Cooking Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarusat home might be a little tedious but when your whole family would enjoy the meal, all your efforts would be totally worth it. The recipe can be turned and twisted in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. This recipe of Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus is so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe ofDraniki - A Delicacy from Belarus from Better Butter.
Ingredients to make Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus
- 3 medium sized Potatoes
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 tablespoon of all-purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon of minced Mutton
- 2 – 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 egg
- Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoon Black Paper Corn
- 4 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- For the Sauce: Cheddar Cheese 1 tablespoon
- 2 cloves of grated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon of Butter
- 4 tablespoon of Milk
How to make Draniki - A Delicacy from Belarus
- Cut the Garlic Cloves into small pieces.
- Heat a deep pan on medium flame, and add 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil in it. Then add the garlic pieces in it. When the raw smell goes off, add the minced mutton in it, and saute it for 7 – 8 minutes, till the mutton is cooked.
- Peel the skin of the Potatoes, and grate them in small coarse pieces using a hand grater or a food processor. Take a deep bowl and put the grated Potato in it.
- Cut the Onion in thin slices. Add it in the deep bowl with the grated Potato.
- Take the Black pepper Corn and ground them coarsely. Add it with Grated Potato.
- Add the fried Minced Mutton, Egg and all-purpose Flour with the grated Potato, Onion and Black Pepper.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt in it and mix all the ingredients together by using hand or spoon or fork. The mixture should be dry.
- Now take a flat non-stick pan and heat on a medium flame. Add 2 tablespoon of Olive Oil in it.
- After 30 seconds or 1 minute, when the oil is getting heated properly, pour a tablespoonful of mixture in it. Gently flatten the mixture in a shape of a pancake. One can add at least 4 – 5 pieces of such pancakes.
- Flip the pancake using a spatula. And fry until both the sides have golden brown texture. Draniki or Potato Pancake is ready. One can start eating them hot. But it will taste best with a Cheese based white sauce.
- To prepare the sauce, heat a pan with lid. Add 2 teaspoon of butter, and grated Garlic. Stir it till the Garlic starts to change color.
- Add 1 tablespoon of grated Cheddar Cheese and 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder, and stir continuously, until the cheese starts to melt.
- Add 1 tablespoon of all-purpose Flour and 4 tablespoon of Milk in it and stir continuously for 4 – 5 minutes. One needs to stir this mixture continuously so that no lump can be formed. Add salt as required.
- Now the Cheese based white sauce is ready. Serve the Dranikis with this Sauce.