FOR RICE STICKS:
1) Add salt and sesame seeds to the cooked rice and mix well.
2) Gradually add rice flour to the rice and start kneading into a soft dough. remember to add only a small amount of flour at a time and knead the rice into a dough that is soft enough to shape into stiff enough to retain that shape.
3) Do not add water while making the dough. The moisture from the rice should allow the dough to be formed.
4) Dust your palms with a little bit of flour and take a small piece of dough at a time and shape into sticks.
5) Do not make the fara sticks too thin or too thicks. Make them a quarter of an inch thick and more than three inches long.
1) Heat oil in a pan.
2) Add sesame seeds and let them crackle.
3) Add dry whole red chilies and curry leaves.
4) Add chopped onion and tomato and cooked for 2 min.
5) Add fara sticks and coat the sticks.
6) Sprinkle a quarter cup of water and cover the pan.
7) Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for five minutes.
8) Open the cover and dry roast it in the pan itself for five to ten minutes, occasionally tossing the fara sticks from side to side.
9) Once done add chopped fresh coriander and serve with chutney or sauce.