Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream
Prep Time 35 min
Cook Time 35 min
Serves 6 people
About Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream
A delicate beautiful choux pastry, Paris-Brest, created for Paris-Brest Bicycle Race, is traditionally filled with praline cream and topped with sliced almonds. Here, I have moved from tradition and stuffed the pastry with chocolate cream, strawberries, and whipped cream. Recipe is inspired by my favorite French cuisine chef, Jacques Pepin.
The delicious and mouthwatering Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream is enjoyed by all. This dish is often prepared for special occasions including parties or festivals. Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream is a good option when you want to cook something different . It is an amazing dish which is liked by people of all age groups. The flavourful ingredients are the key to the amazing taste of Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream. Sonia Shringarpure shared Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream recipe which can serve 6 people. The step by step process with pictures will help you learn how to make the delicious Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream. Try this delicious Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream recipe at home and surprise your family and friends. You can connect with the Sonia Shringarpure of Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream by commenting on the page. In case you have any questions around the ingredients or cooking process. The Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream can also be given a rating. The "What's cooking" feature can be used to share your experience when you make Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream with other users
Ingredients to make Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream
- For choux pastry:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 3 eggs
- For chocolate cream:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 - 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Chocolate morsels/chips 1/2 cup
- For garnish: sliced strawberries, whipped cream, caramel sauce (optional)
How to make Paris Brest with Chocolate Cream
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree centigrade.
- For the dough:
- In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, salt, and butter. Whisk well with wooden/silicon spatula. Bring the milk to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat, and add all the flour at once and mix well till combined and no lumps are seen.
- Place pan back on the stove and cook for 10-15 seconds stirring constantly, until mixture leaves the pan.
- Transfer to a food processor and cool down completely (10 minutes). Add beaten eggs and blend till the mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Line a baking tray with ovenproof parchment paper. Stuff the filling in pastry bag (or a ziploc bag cutting the tip off).
- Pipe a ring on the paper with outside circumference and a wide hole in the center. Pipe another circle on the inside and another on top of the first circle.
- Make sure the circles when piping do not start and end at same points. I.e. Start the next circle from a different point.
- With a fork, lightly drag to make a design on the top circle very gently.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then, lower temperature to 180 degree centigrade for additional 15 minutes or till they are golden in color. Open the oven door slightly and leave them to rest for additional 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut them in halves. Spread the chocolate cream generously, arrange sliced strawberries over the cream, and add little dollops of whipped cream on bottom half of pastry. Cover with the other half.
- For chocolate cream sauce:
- Combine yolks with sugar and mix well. Add flour and whisk thoroughly till smooth.
- Meanwhile, bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Add instant coffee. Add heated milk to the mixture whisking constantly. Return the mixture to heat and cook for additional 10-15 seconds till it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate morsels/chips. Stir till all chocolate is melted. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate to chill.