Prep Time 5 min
Cook Time 10 min
Serves 4 people
About Moong Dal
An easy to cook and low carb dish.
Moong Dal is an authentic dish which is perfect to serve on all occasions. The Moong Dal is delicious and has an amazing aroma. Moong Dal by Mandeep hundal will help you to prepare the perfect Moong Dal in your kitchen at home. Moong Dal needs 5 minutes for the preparation and 10 minutes for cooking. In the BetterButter app, you will find the step by step process of cooking Moong Dal. This makes it easy to learn how to make the delicious Moong Dal. In case you have any questions on how to make the Moong Dal you can comment on the page below. The "What's cooking" feature on the BetterButter app can help you connect with our home chefs like Mandeep hundal. Moong Dal will surely satisfy the taste buds of your guests and you will get compliments from your guests.
Ingredients to make Moong Dal
- Moong dal 3/4 cup
- Water 4 cups
- Onion 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Tomato 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Ginger and Garlic chopped 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tbsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Methi/ Fenugreek leaves 1 tbsp
- Green chillies 2-3
- Ghee 3-4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Moong Dal
- In a pressure cooker, heat 2 tbsp of ghee, then add in the cumin seeds, turmeric, ginger, garlic, onions and saute till it's translucent. Next, add in the tomatoes.
- When the oil separates itself, add in the dal, water, salt, garam masala and methi leaves. Then cover and cook till it's done or 1-2 whistle blows.
- In a tadka pan, heat ghee then add the green chillies. Now pour this over the dal.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.