Prep Time 0 min
Cook Time 720 min
Serves 4 people
About Aam Doi
This is a combination of the Mango season, at my home town kolkata and the popular Misti Doi (sweet yogurt).
Ingredients to make Aam Doi
- Mango pulp - 1 cup
- Whole or full fat milk - 1 litre
- Sour curd - 1 cup
- Sweetend condensed milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 5 tbsp
How to make Aam Doi
- Take a cheese cloth and pour the sour curd, tie and hang from your kitchen tap for 1 hour.
- Now take the milk in a sauce pan and place on heat to boil. Add sugar. Boil the milk till the quantity becomes 1/4 of the original amount
- Let the milk cool down. Now pre-heat the oven on 115°C. Now take a bowl and add the hung curd with the milk. Add the condensed milk , mango pulp and mix them all together very gently. Making sure there should be no lumps.
- Take an ovenproof bowl and pour all the mixture and place the Aam Doi mixture inside the preheated oven for 1 hour or until the yogurt sets. When the yogurt is set, turn off the oven and leave the yogurt inside the oven one night.
- In the morning remove the Aam Doi from the oven and place inside the refrigerator to chill. Then refrigerate for at least 4-5 hrs or more to set fully. Serve chilled.