Khamang Kakadi | How to make Khamang Kakadi
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Khamang Kakadi Recipe
A very refreshing and cooling summer salad , Khamang Kakadi is very delicious and famous Maharashtrian salad. This (salad) koshimbir is made with Cucumber (Kakadi in Marathi) and one can sense a strong tempering in it which means Khamang and hence the name of the dish. Khamang Kakadi can be made very easily and in a jiffy. It can be had as a salad , or as a side dish to the main course or just by itself as a refreshing and light mid time snacks.
Khamang Kakadi, a marvelous creation to spice up your day. The relishing flavours, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of Khamang Kakadi is just mouth-watering. This amazing recipe is provided by Poonam Bachhav. Be it kids or adults, no one can resist this delicious dish. How to make Khamang Kakadi is a question which arises in people's mind quite often. So, this simple step by step Khamang Kakadi recipe by Poonam Bachhav. Khamang Kakadi can even be tried by beginners. A few secret ingredients in Khamang Kakadi just makes it the way it is served in restaurants. Khamang Kakadi can serve 2 people. So, the next time you have a get together or a party at home, don't forget to check and try out Khamang Kakadi.
Ingredients to make Khamang Kakadi
- 4-5 medium sized ( Kheera)
- 3 tablespoon fresh scrapped ( Nariyal)
- 3 tablespoon of roasted and coarsely powdered (dardara pisa mungfali dana )
- 2 tablespoon of finely chopped leaves(Dhaniya)
- 1 finely chopped ( hari Mirch)
- For tempering : 1-2 tablespoon of Ghee ()
- 1/4 teaspoon (Rai)
- 1/4 teaspoon Seeds (Jeera)
- Pinch of ( Hing)
- 1-2 sprig of (Kadi patta)
- For Seasoning : 1 tablespoon or as required (Chini)
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice( Nimbu ka ras)
- Salt to taste ( Swad anusar)
How to make Khamang Kakadi
My Tip:If we do not add the mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves, this salad can serve as a fasting food ( food for vrat). This salad is usually paired with Sabudana khichadi.