Prep Time 0 min
Cook Time 30 min
Serves 8 people
My mom used to cook this pulav for me since I was a small kid. Though I never liked peas much, I remember refusing to eat the pulav without peas as it was not looking colourful enough.
Pulav, a marvelous creation to spice up your day. The relishing flavours, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of Pulav is just mouth-watering. This amazing recipe is provided by Sharon Dcosta. Be it kids or adults, no one can resist this delicious dish. How to make Pulav is a question which arises in people's mind quite often. So, this simple step by step Pulav recipe by Sharon Dcosta. Pulav can even be tried by beginners. A few secret ingredients in Pulav just makes it the way it is served in restaurants. Pulav can serve 8 people. So, the next time you have a get together or a party at home, don't forget to check and try out Pulav.
Ingredients to make Pulav
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups vegetable / chicken stock
- 2 pods green cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashew nuts
- salt to taste
How to make Pulav
- In a pressure cooker heat the oil and ghee. Fry the chopped cashew nuts and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the cardamom, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon and saute.
- Add the onions and tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
- Wash and add the rice and the stock. Add turmeric powder and salt as per taste.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles. After that, lower the flame and cook for 4 minutes.
- When cool, fluff up the rice grains with a fork and remove the bay leaves.
- Garnish with chopped cashew nuts and serve hot.