Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 15 min
Serves 4 people
About Mix Veg
A simple and quick way to make mix veg...
Mix Veg is a popular aromatic and delicious dish. You can try making this amazing Mix Veg in your kitchen. This recipe requires 10 minutes for preparation and 15 minutes to cook. The Mix Veg by Seema Mishra has detailed steps with pictures so you can easily learn how to cook Mix Veg at home without any difficulty. Mix Veg is enjoyed by everyone and can be served on special occasions. The flavours of the Mix Veg would satiate your taste buds. You must try making Mix Veg this weekend. Share your Mix Veg cooking experience on the BetterButter platform. You can also use the "What's cooking" feature on the app to get in touch with other home chefs like Seema Mishra for inputs. In case you have any queries for Mix Veg you can comment on the recipe page to connect with the Seema Mishra. You can also rate the Mix Veg and give feedback.
Ingredients to make Mix Veg
- 2 cups of mix chopped veggies - cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, french beans, capsicum, peas
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped finely
- 2 medium to large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 green chili, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder(dhania powder)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder, use more if you want it to be spicy
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 8 to 10 paneer cubes, optional
- 2 tablespoons cream or malai
- 2 tablespoons oil
- a few sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Mix Veg
- In a kadhai or thick bottomed pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add the chopped onions.
- Fry the onions till they become transparent. Add the ginger-garlic paste. Fry for a minute or till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the tomatoes. Keep on stirring till the tomatoes become soft and pulpy. When the mixture becomes smooth and one, then add all the spice powders mentioned above. The process of frying the tomatoes takes a little longer. If you want to quicken the process, add some salt to the onion-tomato mixture. Fry the tomatoes on a low flame as you don’t want the tomatoes to get burnt
- Now add all the spice powders one by one. Stir the spice powders with the onion-tomato mixture. Add the green chili. Mix in the chopped veggies, salt, and water.
- Cover and let the veggies cook. Once the veggies are semi cooked…… that is they are half cooked. Add the cream. Give a stir. Cover again and simmer the veggies till they are done.
- Don’t forget to check the veggies after occasionally. Add more water if the water dries up and if the veggies are still to be cooked. If using paneer, then add the paneer once the veggies are cooked. Simmer without the lid for 2 minutes.
- You can also garnish mix vegetable dish with fried paneer cubes. Otherwise simply garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve mix vegetable dish hot with pooris, parathas, kulcha or chapattis.