Shukto ( a bengali delicacy)
Prep Time 25 min
Cook Time 30 min
Serves 8 people
About Shukto ( a bengali delicacy)
This is an authentic bengali vegetarian delicacy serve in different functions. It is made of different vegetables like bitter gaurd, brinjal, potato, ridge gaurd ,drumsticks etc. At the end adding of poppy seeds paste , ghee and milk ( must) gives the taste, aroma and look.
Shukto ( a bengali delicacy), a marvelous creation to spice up your day. The relishing flavours, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of Shukto ( a bengali delicacy) is just mouth-watering. This amazing recipe is provided by Uma Sarkar. Be it kids or adults, no one can resist this delicious dish. How to make Shukto ( a bengali delicacy) is a question which arises in people's mind quite often. So, this simple step by step Shukto ( a bengali delicacy) recipe by Uma Sarkar. Shukto ( a bengali delicacy) can even be tried by beginners. A few secret ingredients in Shukto ( a bengali delicacy) just makes it the way it is served in restaurants. Shukto ( a bengali delicacy) can serve 8 people. So, the next time you have a get together or a party at home, don't forget to check and try out Shukto ( a bengali delicacy).
Ingredients to make Shukto ( a bengali delicacy)
- Diced potato - 1 cup
- One inch long cut beans - 1 cup
- Diced pumpkin- 1 cup
- Diced ridge gourd- 1 cup
- Bitter gourd- 1 sliced
- Diced radish - 1 cup
- Diced raw banana - 1
- Brinjal - 1 cup
- Lentils chuncks - 1/2 cup
- Drumsticks - 2
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Punchphoron - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly - 3
- Bay leaves - 2
- Radhani ( celery seeds) paste- 1 /2 tablespoon
- Poppy seeds paste - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
How to make Shukto ( a bengali delicacy)
- First dice all the vegetables in equal length.
- Warm up some oil in the Kadhai and fry some lentil chunks. Keep it aside.
- Take the sliced bitter gourd and fry them in the oil. Keep them aside.
- Then add Panch Foron, Bay leaves, and dried red chillies to some hot oil. After frying these for a while add all the vegetables one by one. Then cook the vegetables for a while, till they are a bit soft.
- Add the fried bitter gourd to this.
- Put the poppy seeds and celery seeds and cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ample amount of water and cover it. Let it cook on its own for another 2-3 minutes.
- After the vegetables have boiled add the Ghee, milk and fried lentil chunks in the Kadhai. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with hot rice.