Prawn bhape(steamed prawn) - a bengali delicacy
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 40 min
Serves 5 people
About Prawn bhape(steamed prawn) - a bengali delicacy
It is a traditional Bengali recipe which has beeen savoured over decades
Prawn bhape - a bengali delicacy, a mouth-watering delicacy which no one can resist. Most people try this amazing dish at restaurants, but with this recipe you can easily make it at home with the same taste. This super quick and easy recipe is written by Arpita Mukhopadhyay. Prawn bhape - a bengali delicacy is a dish which demands no explanations, it's a whole world of flavour in itself. Prawn bhape - a bengali delicacy is a very simple and easy recipe to prepare. The time required to make this recipe is not very much, but the delicious taste it renders is just remarkable. This recipe of Prawn bhape - a bengali delicacy by Arpita Mukhopadhyay is perfect to serve 5 people. Even beginners can also try this recipe. The recipe is explained step by step with pictures that it becomes very easy to understand each and every step, which actually turns out to be very useful. So, the next time you have a get together, night party, kitty party or any other occasion don't forget to try out the absolutely amazing Prawn bhape - a bengali delicacy.
Ingredients to make Prawn bhape(steamed prawn) - a bengali delicacy
- Prawn medium to big 5
- Coconut grated 1 cup
- Mustard paste preferably grinded 1/4 cup with a pinch of salt and a green chilli
- Green chilli 2 chopped 3 slit
- Turmeric 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil preferably 10 to 12 tablespoon
How to make Prawn bhape(steamed prawn) - a bengali delicacy
- Mix all the ingredients except the prawns in a bowl.Keep 4 table spoon oil aside
- In a round airtight bowl cover the bottom with some paste.Arrange 3 prawns side by side. Cover with another round of paste.Place the remaining prawns.Cover finally with another round of paste.Cover tight the lid
- In a deep bottom pan boil water.Water should not go above the lid.Now keep the air tight bowl in boiling water.Cook for 15 minutes on low flame.Turn off the oven and let it remain for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Open the bowl.Turn the prawn upside down.Add the remaining oil.On top keep three four thoroughly slit from middle chillies.
- Again in the same way cook for another fifteen minutes and let it settle for several minutes before serve