MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 15 min
Serves 4 people
About MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas
We now move to ATTU or DOSA section. Majjiga Attu is a guilt free avatar of dahi wada – Mini dosas soaked in spiced butter milk and just perfect for a sunny afternoon.
The delicious and mouthwatering MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas is a famous dish of Andhra Pradesh and is very much popular in the whole worldwide. This dish is often reserved for any special occasion like parties or festivals. MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas is the best option for you when you want to eat or cook something really perfect. It is an amazing dish which is liked by the people of every age group. The flavorful and saporous ingredients are the key to the amazing taste of MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas. Sujatha Ratnala shared this MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas recipe which is perfect to serve for 4 people. The step by step process with pictures will help you to know how to make the delicious MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas. It is not a typical restaurant style recipe but a simple homely comforting recipe which is best to understand for the beginners. It is an easy and simple recipe that is perfect to make in a jiffy for a weekend lunch or dinner. Try this delicious MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas recipe at your home and surprise your family and friends.
Ingredients to make MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas
- Urad dal - 1 small glass
- Curd - ½ glass
- Water - 1 glass
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Jeera- 1/2 tsp
- hing- a pinch
- Curry leaves- a few
- Green chilly- 1
- Oil as required
- salt as per taste
How to make MAJJIGA ATTULU - dahi dosas
- Wash and soak the urad dal for 3 hours. In a wet grinder or mixer, grind to a very fine batter like in idli consistency. Add 1 spoon of salt and transfer to a vessel.
- Heat a dosa tawa and slightly grease it with onion stump or oil brush. With a small ladle, make multiple small and thick dosas in size of wada. Just pour the batter gently and do not try to smear like regular dosas.
- Oil the edges. Turn over and roast the dosas the other side. With the remaining batter, make dosas and keep them aside.
- In a wide vessel, make butter milk by whipping curd and adding 1 - 2 glasses of water. Add 1sp or required amount of salt. Add seasoning of mustard, jeera, hing, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Soak the dosas in the vessel containing buttermilk. If needed, add some more water so that all the dosas are immersed.
- Set aside for 15 minutes and the dish is ready.