Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 40 min
Serves 4 people
About Aam Doi
AAM DOI the very famous version of MISHTI DOI, dessert from West Bengal. This sweetened yogurt based dessert is made from fresh mango pulp and yogurt. Traditionally this dessert is slow cooked milk, caramelized sugar and then yogurt is added and steamed.
Aam Doi is a delicious and yummilicious dish which is one of the popular dish of West Bengal. Aam Doi is an easy yet mouthwatering recipe for you to enjoy. It is a great alternative when you want something really perfect to eat. Restaurant style Aam Doi is liked by everyone and is easily available at almost every restaurant. You can also call it as a quick and easy recipe which you can make at your home. The preparation time of this recipe is 10 minute and it takes 40 minute to cook it properly. It is an amazing dish which is liked by the people of every region. By the help of this recipe you can definitely know how to make a perfect Aam Doi. It is an amazing dish which is perfectly appropriate for any occasion. Aam Doi is delicious as well as healthy dish because it contains large amount of health benefiting nutrients. It is a perfect dish to prepare for the beginners. Cooking Aam Doi is an art and while preparing this dish you can feel the aroma of this delicious Aam Doi. Surprise your family and friends by preparing this hotel style Aam Doi at your home.
Ingredients to make Aam Doi
- Ripe Mango – 1
- Hung Curd – 1 cup
- Evaporated Milk – 1 cup or Full Fat milk – 1 liter
- Condensed Milk – 1 cup (added only half cup)
- Chopped Mango cubes and Pistachios for garnishing
How to make Aam Doi
- To make hung curd, in a cheese cloth add 2 cups yogurt tie it tightly and leave for 2 hours hanging so that the water from the yogurt is completely drained.
- In case evaporated milk is not available this reduced milk can be used, add milk in a pan and cook in low heat until it reduces to one cup and then allow to cool. Keep stirring in between to avoid burning.
- Peel the skin of the mango, chop them and puree until smooth, need not add water
- In a deep bowl add hung curd, condensed milk, mango puree, evaporated milk mix them well and pour in individual ramekins or in a single oven proof dish.
- In a oven tray place the ramekins, fill the tray with water until it reaches half level. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C, place the tray and bake for 40 – 50 mins or until the yogurt is set.
- Remove and refrigerate for 4 – 6 hours and serve chilled!