Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 15 min
Serves 4 people
About Aam Panna
Aam panna is very famous summer drink of maharahatra . People often make this drink on gudi padwa festival . Aam panna is made from boiling raw mango pulp . It has very good properties to beat the summer heat . It prevents us from summer stroke.
Ingredients to make Aam Panna
- Small raw mangoes 3-4
- Half cup Jaggery or gur (grated)
- Black salt as per taste
- Dry mint powder 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
How to make Aam Panna
- First boil raw mangoes in an open vessel or pressure cook it until 2 whistles.
- Let it cool . Peel the skin off the mangoes and squeeze all the pulp from them and remove the seeds.
- Grind this pulp in a grinder.
- Now add 2 glasses of chilled water into the pulp. Add jaggery, black salt, dry mint powder, roasted cumin powder and red chilli powder. Mix all ingredients well .
- Aam panna is ready. Garnish with some mint leaves. Serve chilled.