Fish_Tel_Jhal... a Bengali delicacy
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 60 min
Serves 3 people
About Fish_Tel_Jhal... a Bengali delicacy
Bengali people can't think any special meal without fish.So they have so many recipes of fish...machher tel jhal is one of them.
Ingredients to make Fish_Tel_Jhal... a Bengali delicacy
- Katla fish...4piece
- Ginger garlic paste...1tspn
- Chopped tomato...1
- Turmeric powder...2tspn
- Panch foron seeds...1tspn
- Cumin seeds...1tspn
- Fennel seeds...1tspn
- Coriander seeds...1tspn
- Bay leaf...1
- Dry red chilli...3
- Garam masala powder...1tspn
- Red chilli powder...1tspn
- Kashmiri red chilli powder...1tspn
- Poppy seeds...1tspn
- Mustered seeds...1tspn
- Mustered oil...1/2cup
- Handful of coriander leaves
How to make Fish_Tel_Jhal... a Bengali delicacy
- Make a paste of cumin, coriander, bay leaf & dry red chilli with little water.
- Heat oil & fry potato cubes in it.After that take out from oil.
- Fry the fish pieces in the same oil & then take out.
- Add panch foron seeds & let it crackle.Add chopped onion & ginger garlic paste.
- Add masala paste & chopped tomato.Fry it well & make a smooth mixture.After few minutes add poppy seed_mustered seeds paste & stir it constantly to avoid burning.
- Add some hot water & fried potato & let it cook till bubbles comes out.
- Add 3tspn of raw mustered oil & cook it for another 5 to 7 minutes.Add garam masala & switch off the flame.
- Serve it with hot ghee rice .