Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
Serves 4 people
About Mix Dal
A summer delight that can be enjoyed with some tangy dip, rice, and salad to complete meals.
Mix Dal, a deliciously finger licking recipe to treat your family and friends. This recipe of Mix Dal by Kalpana Vinay will definitely help you in its preparation. The Mix Dal can be prepared within 15 minutes. The time taken for cooking Mix Dal is 20 minutes. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish tastes superb! This recipe is appropriate to serve 4 people. The recipe details out how to make Mix Dal step by step. The detailed explanation makes Mix Dal so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. The recipe for Mix Dal can be tweaked in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe of Mix Dal from BetterButter.
Ingredients to make Mix Dal
- Mixed dal (moong dhuli, moong chilka, gram, urad chilka, masar, arhar, in equal quantities) 1 cup
- Onion 1 medium diced
- Tomato diced 1
- Curry leaves 15
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Green chilli diced 1
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt 1 tsp or as per taste
- Turmeric 3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Desi ghee 4 tsp
How to make Mix Dal
- Soak these dals in water for 30 mins.
- Pressure cook/boil this dal mixture for 15 minutes by adding turmeric and salt. Then mash it well.
- In another shallow pan, heat the ghee. The add the mustard seeds, when they splutter, add the curry leaves, green chillies and red chilli powder.
- Mix the dal in the above mixture and stir it well.
- Serve it with rice or chapati.