Home / Recipes / Kalakand
Traditionally made with raw milk, this is a shortcut recipe with fresh cottage cheese and condensed milk
1. Drain out the water from the paneer completely. In a saucepan add the paneer, condensed milk and milk powder.
2. Cook on medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring continuously. Make sure that the mix does not stick to the bottom. You know it's ready when the mixture looks grainy and thick.
3. Turn off the gas and add the rosewater, saffron strands and cardamom pods to it.
4. Pour into a greased and lined square dish and set aside to cool. Transfer to a refrigerator and let it set for atleast 3 to 4 hours if not overnight.
5. When you're ready to serve, slice the Kalakand into equal squares and sprinkle pistachio flakes over it.
I load my dishes with more excitement than you will find in other new recipes that are getting far more attentions.
Edit and update your profile here
Deleting your account may make your saved recipes, collections, and personalization preferences permanently inaccessible to you and reduce the functionality of connected appliances. Deletions will be performed in accordance with our Privacy Notice and applicable laws or regulations.DELETE ACCOUNT
Deleting your account means your saved recipes, collections, and personalization preferences will be permanently removed from BetterButter. Once you confirm, your account will be deactivated immediately.
Note: If you login during next 14 days, your account will be reactivated and deletion will be cancelled.
Sign Up with BetterButter and Start Exploring!
By creating an account, I accept the Terms & ConditionsSIGN UP