Home / Recipes / Sorpotel
A Favorite Goanese dish made from various meats cooked in spicy curry.
1. In a large pan, parboil the pork legs with turmeric and salt and set aside.
2. In a grinder, grind together a bit of vinegar, onion, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, dry red chillies and cumin seeds and set aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil to smoking and fry the meat until it turns dark brown. You can also cut the meat into small pieces beforehand.
4. Add diced onions, vinegar and the prepared spices and saute for 3mins.
5. Cook over low flame stirring occasionally until the oil comes to the top of the sorpotel.
6. Serve it hot with rice.
I load my dishes with more excitement than you will find in other new recipes that are getting far more attentions.
Edit and update your profile here
Deleting your account may make your saved recipes, collections, and personalization preferences permanently inaccessible to you and reduce the functionality of connected appliances. Deletions will be performed in accordance with our Privacy Notice and applicable laws or regulations.DELETE ACCOUNT
Deleting your account means your saved recipes, collections, and personalization preferences will be permanently removed from BetterButter. Once you confirm, your account will be deactivated immediately.
Note: If you login during next 14 days, your account will be reactivated and deletion will be cancelled.
Sign Up with BetterButter and Start Exploring!
By creating an account, I accept the Terms & ConditionsSIGN UP