Prep Time 30 min
Cook Time 20 min
Serves 10 people
About Mango jam
Summer season is full of king of fruits i.e mango so why not make that receipe which u can enjoy throughout the year with pure taste of that delicacy and festivity so give it a try in ur kitchen
Mango jam, a deliciously finger licking recipe to treat your family and friends. This recipe of Mango jam by Alka Verma will definitely help you in its preparation. The Mango jam can be prepared within 30 minutes. The time taken for cooking Mango jam is 20 minutes. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish tastes superb! This recipe is appropriate to serve 10 people. The recipe details out how to make Mango jam step by step. The detailed explanation makes Mango jam so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. The recipe for Mango jam can be tweaked in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe of Mango jam from BetterButter.
Ingredients to make Mango jam
- 1cup mango puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2tsp citric acid
How to make Mango jam
- Chop the Mango and puree it in blender.
- Strain the mixture through the soup strainer so that a clear puree comes out without any fibres which is essential for the texture of the jam.
- Take a nonstick cooking pan and add the puree along with the sugar and mix until the sugar dissolves.
- When the mixture becomes homogeneous then at this stage add the citric acid..
- Citric acid helps the sugar into crystallization.
- Most important part of jam to test it through the plate test.in a plate take about 1/4 TSP of jam into it and wait for 8 to 10 sec and then tilt the plate if the mixture flows then u need to simmer it for another 5to 6 minutes..if it's stays there then ur Jam is ready.
- Pour it in sterilised container still it is little warm.and store it in refrigerator.
- Ur jam is ready to taste throughout the year without any added chemicals.