1. Marinate the mutton overnight with curd, onion paste, garlic pate, mustard oil, chopped green chillies, salt all mixed together.
2. Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into D-shaped, Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Mix the turmeric powder with the potatoes and fry them until golden brown and keep them aside.
3. Heat mustard oil again in a pressure cooker, add garlic cloves and chopped onions and saute them. Add Cinnamon stick, Green cardamoms and cloves and saute again.
4. Add garam masala and red chilli powder. Fry the masala for 3 mins, stir continuously so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Then, add the marinated mutton and mix it well.
5. Cook the mutton under medium flame for at least 20 mins, till the water is released. Again, stir after every 5 mins so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
6. Add a cup of water. Close the lid and let it whistle for 3-4times. Check whether the meat is tender or not.
7. Open the cover and add garam masala again, salt and the fried potatoes. Stir all the mixtures together. If the potato is not softened, put the mixture for one whistle again.
8. Serve it hot. Tastes best with steamed rice.