Prep Time 0 min
Cook Time 60 min
Serves 4 people
Falafel is a popular aromatic and delicious dish. You can try making this amazing Falafel in your kitchen. This recipe requires few minutes for preparation and 60 minutes to cook. The Falafel by Anushka Basantani has detailed steps with pictures so you can easily learn how to cook Falafel at home without any difficulty. Falafel is enjoyed by everyone and can be served on special occasions. The flavours of the Falafel would satiate your taste buds. You must try making Falafel this weekend. Share your Falafel cooking experience on the BetterButter platform. You can also use the "What's cooking" feature on the app to get in touch with other home chefs like Anushka Basantani for inputs. In case you have any queries for Falafel you can comment on the recipe page to connect with the Anushka Basantani. You can also rate the Falafel and give feedback.
Ingredients to make Falafel
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large onion chopped 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp of fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seed paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil/ vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tsp shredded and peeled ginger
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
How to make Falafel
- 1. Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- 2. Boil the soaked chickpeas for about 10 mins. Then simmer for an hour.
- 3. Mash the boiled chickpeas and mix the onion, garlic, ginger, sesame seed paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, flour, salt, pepper.
- 4. Blend it in a food processor, add bread crumbs to hold the mixture and to soak any extra moisture. Add the coriander.
- 5. Make small balls of the mixture and slightly flatten them.
- 6. Heat oil in pan, fry the balls until crisp and golden brown.
- 7. Serve with pitas, bread or burger. Garnish with coriander leaves.