Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 300 min
Serves 8 people
About Mango Pie
Mango Pie, a marvelous creation to spice up your day. The relishing flavours, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of Mango Pie is just mouth-watering. This amazing recipe is provided by Tanuf Dalvi. Be it kids or adults, no one can resist this delicious dish. How to make Mango Pie is a question which arises in people's mind quite often. So, this simple step by step Mango Pie recipe by Tanuf Dalvi. Mango Pie can even be tried by beginners. A few secret ingredients in Mango Pie just makes it the way it is served in restaurants. Mango Pie can serve 8 people. So, the next time you have a get together or a party at home, don't forget to check and try out Mango Pie.
Ingredients to make Mango Pie
- 250 gram thick cream
- 4 to 5 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 300 gm cream cheese
- 4 cups mango pulp
- 15 gm gelatin
- For the crust :
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup butter chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to make Mango Pie
- Soften the cream cheese, beat with an egg whisker. Heat 1/2 cup of water, add gelatin powder and stir continuously.
- Combine mango pulp, cheese, thick cream, powdered sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add gelatin mix until well combined keep aside.
- For the pie crust:
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Mix in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1/2 an hour.
- Roll the dough out to fit a pie plate. Place the crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Bake it for 10 minutes on 180 degree centigrade.
- Pour the mixture on the pie crust and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
- For mango rose (optional):
- Cut mango strips start with the longest strips of mango, place the slices around the edges of the tart. Repeat working your way in slightly overlapping the rows.
- When you reach the center of the tart, roll one mango slice into a curl and place in the center.