Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle | How to make Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle Recipe
A trifle is a dessert made from thick custard, fruit, sponge cake, fruit juice and whipped cream. These ingredients are arranged in layers in a transparent glass bowl or in a tall glass with the sponge cake forming the bottom layer. The alcoholic version is known as tipsy pudding. In original Tipsy Pudding the layer of cake is well soaked with sherry or rum or wine and served with a boiled custard poured over it. This dish got its name because it can make one slightly tipsy from the wine or sherry in it. The Non-alcoholic versions use fruit juices instead of the sherry or wine as some liquid need to be use to moisten the cake layers.
Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle is an authentic dish which is perfect to serve on all occasions. The Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle is delicious and has an amazing aroma. Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle by Indrani Dhar will help you to prepare the perfect Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle in your kitchen at home. Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle needs 5 minutes for the preparation and 40 minutes for cooking. In the BetterButter app, you will find the step by step process of cooking Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle. This makes it easy to learn how to make the delicious Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle. In case you have any questions on how to make the Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle you can comment on the page below. The "What's cooking" feature on the BetterButter app can help you connect with our home chefs like Indrani Dhar. Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle will surely satisfy the taste buds of your guests and you will get compliments from your guests.
Ingredients to make Tipsy Pudding or English Triffle
- A sponge cake : you can make it at home or buy a basic sponge cake from store
- Freshly prepared vanilla custard
- Fresh fruit/ canned fruit
- Fruit juice : enough to soak the fruit pieces
- Few drops of rum/sherry or wine
- Your favorite jelly/jam : 1-2 tblsp.
- Whipped - traditionally it is a must but in variation you can skip it too.
- For decoration - dry fruits, candied cherries, fresh fruits, toasted sliced
- Ingredients for sponge cake
- - 1 1/2 cup Yellow Food color(optional) : 2-3 drops
- -1 cup, Curd-1 cup
- Vegetable -1/2 cup
- Baking Powder-1 1/2 tsp, -1/2 tsp
- Essence-1 tsp, peel(grated) :1/2 tsp.
- Ingredients for vanilla custard
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 ,
- 2 tblsp. Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup
- 1 tblsp. Vanilla essence