Underarms might become darker in color due to many factors like no proper ventilation, regular shaving, the presence of dead skin cells, improper diet and due to sweating. This might not necessarily be a disease. It is easy to obtain a cleaner and a brighter skin under your arms with simple ingredients naturally. While you might opt for a slice of lemon in order to overcome the darkness in any part of your skin, listed below are few other easy ways of skin lightening that work best for armpits-
1. Coconut Oil and Sugar Scrub
The process of scrubbing will help to negate dead skin cells in your armpit. This helps in lightening the darker spots easily.
- Take a spoon of sugar
- Mix it with coconut oil
- Apply the paste in your underarms and scrub for a few minutes.
- Wash it off. Repeat it twice a week.
2. Rice Granule Scrub
This is another simple yet effective scrub that can be prepared easily at home with rice, milk, and turmeric.
- Soak rice granules in a bowl to make them soft before you grind them.
- Mix it with milk and turmeric.
- Scrub this combination in your armpit for a minimum of 15 minutes before you wash off.
- Apply this every day and you will see the difference in a week.
3. Baking Soda with Cornstarch
Baking soda can be used to protect yourself from bad odor and sweat for a long duration.
- Mix baking soda and cornstarch in equal amounts.
- Apply this mixture to your underarms and allow it to remain for several hours.
- Or you can mix a spoon of lemon juice with baking soda and repeat the same.
- Do not scrub. Wash off with cold water and dry the area entirely.
- Repeat it twice a week.
4. Orange Peel
Orange is rich in vitamin C and lightens your skin effectively with its exfoliating properties. Not only does this fruit have a lot of health benefits, even its peel works great when it comes to skin issues.
- Dry the orange peel in sunlight for a few days till they seem to be entirely dry.
- Powder the peel and mix them with rose water.
- Apply this paste to your underarms and scrub for 10 -15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Repeat this thrice a week for best results.
5. Turmeric Mask with Curd
Turmeric is an excellent component that protects your skin from bad bacteria. It keeps your skin fresh. The bleaching properties of curd help in brightening your skin naturally.
- Mix a pinch of turmeric (excess of turmeric might leave a yellow stain on your skin) with Bengal gram flour (besan) and curd
- Apply this mixture on your underarms and allow it stay for a few minutes
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
Image source – wikipedia commons, pixabay, flickr