What can be better than a tempting plate of biryani? We are sure nothing can beat the taste of biryani which is simply irresistible. The aromatic and delectable flavours of rice and spices when put together make biryani very wholesome. But what is the most important part of biryani is the biryani masala. There are a number of biryani masala recipes and even the leading Television actress, Dipika Kakkar shared a homemade biryani masala recipe.
Dipika Kakkar is a very popular face in the TV industry. She gained popularity after the famous TV serial Sasural Simar Ka. Dipika Kakkar also has her own youtube channel where she shares a number of delicious recipes and other videos. Dipika’s homemade biryani masala recipe gained so much popularity that it has already gained about 6 million views. In her short video, Dipika explained everything about the making of biryani masala.
1. Coriander seeds – 3 tbsp
2. Fennel seeds – 1.5 tbsp
3. Cumin – 1 tbsp
4. Black cardamom – 2 tbsp
5. Cinnamon – 3 tbsp
6. Black pepper- 2 tbsp
7. Clove – 1 tbsp
8. Star Anise – 1.5 tbsp
9. Bay leaves – 10
10. Whole mace
12. Cardamom – 2 tbsp
13. Turmeric powder – 2 tbsp
14. Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 tbsp
15. Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
1. Take a frying pan and dry roast the following ingredients: coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin, black cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, star anise and clove.
2. Let it cook on a low flame for about 10 minutes until they turn aromatic.
3. Next, take a mixer and grind cardamom, nutmeg and whole mace.
4. Then, grind all the spices that you have roasted.
5. Later, add bay cloves and grind them with spices.
6. Finally, mix all the grinded masala with turmeric powder, red chilli powder and Kashmiri chilli powder. When all of these get mixed, the biryani masala is sure to tempt you with its enriching aroma.
You can also follow our biryani masala recipe.
Image credits: Wikimedia
Disclaimer: BetterButter claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on BetterButter, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Saumya Srivastava is a passionate reader who likes writing poetry. She is an avid foodie who keeps exploring new types of cuisine. Besides, she also has a strong love for literature.