COVID-19, a deadly virus, the outbreak of which has taken over the world. It’s a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways, the antidote of which has not been found yet. Hence, declared as a pandemic by the WHO.
As the threatening virus continues to spread across the globe more and more people are asked to stay back at home. Public spaces like schools, offices, gyms, parks, and complexes have been asked to shut down due to the threatening possibilities of this virus to multiply and affect large masses of people.
Institutions holding classes online, major events getting canceled, and offices asking their employees to work from home are some of the ways implemented to keep people away from large social gatherings.
Additionally, people have taken up prevention in their own hands through self-quarantine. Staying at home is the best step you can take even if you are not showing any symptoms. The idea behind this is to increase social distancing in order to avoid the widespread transferring of the virus.
According to studies, an individual can spread the virus to at least 5 more people who in turn can affect more people creating a ripple effect. So, in order to curb the widespread outbreak staying back at home is the best decision for an individual at this time of crisis.
However, this sudden disruption of people’s daily life has brought everyone’s schedules to a sudden halt. If you’re one of the those who can’t find ways to keep yourself busy during this period here are some ideas for you and your family to make the most out of this self-quarantine period:
(1) Playing Board Games: Nothing makes a family bond better than a classic board game! Take this opportunity of social distancing to bring back the good old days of cherishing your favorite board games. Board games have a charm of their own to keep your mind away from the usual tensions. They are a great way to pass time, plus it always keeps your competitive spirits high!
So, ditch your phones and set up a playboard tournament with your family to keep yourself charged up.
P.S: Remember to keep washing your hands and sanitize the gameboards too!
(2) Complete your wish book-list: Remember that book you always wanted to finish but never had the time for? This quarantine period is the best time to climb your way up in your book checklist. With today’s easy access to books online there is not even a need to go outside to look up for your favorite novels. Reading up a couple of self-help books is always a great idea to reinvent yourself during such a lockdown to implement a new lifestyle too.
So, what are you waiting for grab on your reading glasses now! You can also read an innovative yet informative comic for a complete understanding of this COVID-19 by clicking the following link : Kids, Vaayu and CORONA: Who wins the fight?
(3) Try out your culinary skills: Incorporating a healthy diet is the need of the hour today! Nothing can boost your immunity better than a good nutritious homecooked meal. So, this is the perfect moment to put your culinary skills to play. Include items like broccoli, spinach, nuts, apples in your daily diet as they are known for their immunity-boosting properties.
Your healthy diet can be the strongest shield against the spread of this deadly virus. Afterall, home-cooked meals are the safest! Try out some quick healthy meals by clicking the following link: Immunity Boosting Food Recipes
(4) Practice Body and Mind Wellness at Home: A healthy mind and body can help you fight against all deadly viruses. This period is the best time to work on your physical and mental health for giving a good headstart to a healthy schedule. Some at-home exercises and meditation practices can give you the best boost to a better lifestyle. So, the perfect time to build up a better and stronger you are here!
Additionally, here some precautions you can follow to keep yourself safe at home:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• Clean AND sanitize frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
• Wear a facemask if you are sick even if you are indoors.
• Avoid consuming food and drinks sourced from outside.
In times of such medical emergencies, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. As the world fights with the virus, it is important to understand that we are all in this together. Small preventive measures can result in mass prevention.
Let us all do our bit and stay safe by staying indoors.