Vada is one of the most sought after dishes in South India. But, have you ever heard about poha vada? Poha vada, yeah you have heard us right! This creative dish is so delicious that it can flavour your bland day too. Moreover, the best part is that you can easily make this from the comfort of your home with Ranveer Brar’s easy recipe. So, whether you have guests at your home or are feeling too hungry, you know what to make.
1. Poha – 1.5 cups
3. Oil – 2 tbsp
4. Chana dal -1 tbsp
5. Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
6. Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
7. Urad dal – 1 tbsp
8. Curry leaves
9. Onion – 1
10. Ginger – 1 inch
11. Green chilli – 2
12. Sugar – ½ tsp
13. Curd – 3 tbsp
15. Raw mango
16. Spring onion
17. Coriander leaves
18. Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
19. Salt – according to taste
1. Take a bowl and wash poha in it.
2. Then, transfer the washed poha into another bowl and mash them.
3. Take a pan, add oil, chana dal, mustard seeds and let it splutter and add this mixture to mashed poha.
4. Next, add fennel seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and also mix onion, ginger, green chilli, sugar and salt.
5. Add a little curd and mix it properly and add all of this to mashed poha.
6. Then, make a vada with this mixture.
7. Then, heat oil in a pan and deep fry the vada. Keep frying the vadas till they turn crispy from both sides. Drain out the excess oil from the vada using a tissue paper
8. For making chutney, add raw mango, ginger, spring onions, coriander leaves and oil. Grind this mixture into a smooth paste.
9. Then, transfer this into a bowl, and add curd, black pepper powder, sugar and salt. Mix all of these ingredients properly.
10. Finally enjoy poha vada with this chutney.
View this post on Instagram
You can also follow our poha vada recipe.
Disclaimer: BetterButter claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on BetterButter, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Saumya Srivastava is a passionate reader who likes writing poetry. She is an avid foodie who keeps exploring new types of cuisine. Besides, she also has a strong love for literature.