Have you ever heard about Sindhi’s special sweet, gheeyar? Gheeyar is another version of jalebi and is thus often called the Sindhi jalebi. This delectable sweet is made during most of the Sindhi festivals to redouble the fun mood of such celebrations. Sanjeev Kapoor who keeps sharing recipe videos on Instagram also shared a gheeyar recipe. He captioned the video as: “tyohar bhi nazdik hai, banaiye apne gharon mein ye badhiya mithai”. So, just get hold of the following ingredients and make jalebi in a Sindhi style.
1. Refined flour – 2 cups
2. Yoghurt – 1 cup
4. Sugar – 1.5 cups
5. Green cardamoms – 3
6. Saffron threads
7. Orange colour – as per the requirement
8. Cooking oil
11. Silver varq
1. First, mix refined flour with yoghurt. Then, add water to this mixture to obtain the gheeyar batter. Mix it properly so that the consistency is perfect.
2. Next, ferment this mixture for 6-8 hours.
3. Later, take a pan and heat it on the stove. Then, add water and sugar to it for a sugary syrup.
4. Flavour, this syrup with green cardamom and saffron threads. Let the sugar dissolve completely for the sugar syrup.
5. Then, take the fermented batter and add orange food colour to it.
6. Next, heat the oil in a frying pan. Then, deep fry gheeyar and cook it properly from both sides.
7. Then, add this fried gheeyar to the sugary syrup.
8. Finally, garnish the delicious gheeyar with almonds, pistachios and silver varq.
View this post on Instagram
Disclaimer: BetterButter claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on BetterButter, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Saumya Srivastava is a passionate reader who likes writing poetry. She is an avid foodie who keeps exploring new types of cuisine. Besides, she also has a strong love for literature.