Being a Vegetarian can truly suck on most days! No matter how deeply you care about animals, it is very tough to say no to some mutton right? We share 8 reasons why turning a vegetarian is the absolute worst.
1. Fake meat substitutes- Seriously? The need to even eat fake meat that is actually made of soya is a depressing fact in itself.
2. Travelling is not so appealing anymore – The best thing about travelling is exploring the local cuisine, when you can’t do that anymore, what’s the point?
3. Saying no to home-cooked meals- Remember that one friend who made the most delicious Chicken Biryani ever? You will say ‘NO’ to that for the rest of your life.
4. Reading the ‘Ingredients’ label- Gone are the carefree days! Double check for ‘gelatin’ in every product you buy, for the rest of your life.
5. Cooking isn’t the same anymore – This one is a bummer! The sizzle of frying meat on a pan, that delicious aroma that’ll make your mouth water, you’ll have to bid this whole process farewell.
6. Say goodbye to your food opinions – Once you turn Vegetarian… no one really cares hon! Good luck for those debates that you will so ungraciously lose.
7. Family gatherings and food traditions suck – Imagine ‘Christmas’, ‘New Year’, ‘Diwali’, ‘Holi’, ‘Dusshera’ without your Mom’s special ‘Laal Maas’ or ‘Butter Chicken’. Sad isn’t it?
8. Deficiency of Iron in the body – Lack of iron in the human body can make you anemic, that could result in brittle nails, weakness and headaches.