BetterButter Secrets I Movies That Make Us Want to Cook
By Sujata Limbu
Strange as it may seem there are only a handful of movies that revolve around food. Stranger especially, because people love watching these because not only do they motivate them to impersonate reel life to real life, but also because they also show us the kind of art cooking is. Over the last few years, movies about food have really made an impact, we at BetterButter list a few which made us want to cook instantly.
A still from Eat Pray Love
- The Hundred-Foot Journey- A young Indian man has a strong passion and talent for cooking that is discovered when his fate leads him to France. To gain a spot in his neighbour’s Michelin star restaurant, he passes her tough omelette trial test and goes on to attain many laurels. Moral of the story, ‘A good omelette can change your life.’ Check out our baked omelette recipe here. http://www.betterbutter.in/recipe/omelette-baked
- Julie & Julia- One of the most acclaimed food movies of our times, Julie and Julia is a beautiful narration of two women and how food changes their lives. Meryl Streep embodies Julia Child to perfection and the various food prepared by Amy Adams as Julie has created an imprint on our minds. One of the most beautiful food was the ‘Roasted Chicken’ and you can have a sample of the same with the link below.
- Chef- Chef is a modern day tale of a restaurant chef whose career goes kaput due to irrational behavior. With the help of his family and friends he starts his own business of a food truck. The precision shown while Jon Favreau cooks pasta for Scarlett Johansson’s character is amazing and can be termed as food porn. For a similar pasta recipe, click on the link below.
- Ratatouille- In this animated movie, a rat not only runs loose in a restaurant kitchen but also saves the day with beautiful dishes created with the assistance of the garbage boy. The ratatouille recipe became immensely popular since the release of this movie. To create a similar such dish, take a look at the link below.
- Eat Pray Love- A woman’s search for happiness in life leads her to eat, pray and love in different cities across the globe. The various foods depicted in Italy makes your stomach growl and mouth water with hunger. One of the most iconic scenes is of Julia Roberts slurping on yummy spaghetti , you can also prepare a similar dish with the help of the recipe below.
Image credit: finnkino.fi