Prevent Hair Fall with these Simple Ways!
Hair is considered to be the crowning glory of women. However, many women face significant hair fall throughout their lifetime. But, as always, BetterButter is here to help! The following steps will help you deal with hair fall.
- Change your Hair Care routine
- Treat your Hair to an Oil Massage
- Check if you lack certain Vitamins and Nutrients
- Consult a Specialist
Step 1: Change your Hair Care Routine
The first step in winning the battle against hair fall is changing your hair care routine. Here are a few hair packs that can help reduce hair fall and promote hair growth.
1) Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is rich in Vitamin E and potassium. Vitamin E moisturizes the hair and reduces hair breakage, whereas potassium helps to promote hair growth.
How to Use:
- Apply coconut milk to your scalp.
- Cover your head with a towel and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the coconut milk with cool water.
- Shampoo your hair.
2) Potato Mask
Potatoes are a rich source of Vitamin C and iron-both of which help to promote hair growth.
How to Use:
- Puree 1 potato and strain it.
- Mix the potato juice with 1 tsp water and 1 tsp honey.
- Stir it well.
- Apply this onto your scalp and your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Apply this hair mask once a week.
3) Coriander Leaves Mask
Coriander (dhaniya) prevents hair loss and helps to promote hair growth.
How to Use:
- Take 1 cup coriander leaves and 3-4 tbsps of water.
- Mix it to form a paste. Extract the juice from the paste and apply it onto your scalp and hair. Leave it for 1 hour.
- Shampoo your hair. Apply this hair mask 2-3 times a week.
4) Rosemary and Nettle Hair Spray
Both rosemary and nettle help to stimulate and improve blood circulation in the scalp. These ingredients thicken the hair and even promote new hair growth.
How to Use:
- Take ¾ cup fresh rosemary, 1 nettle tea bag and 1 cup of boiling water.
- Mix it well and let it steep for 1 hour.
- Strain and cool the mixture. Pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray this onto the scalp and wet hair. Leave it overnight.
- Shampoo your hair. Spritz your hair with this spray 1-2 times a week.
Step 2: Treat your Hair to an Oil Massage
The second step to prevent hair fall is to regularly give your hair an oil massage.
- Take 1-2 tbsps of almond oil, olive oil, amla (Indian gooseberry) oil or coconut oil.
- Slightly warm the oil. Gently apply it onto your scalp and your hair roots.
- Massage the oil into your hair in a circular motion. Leave it for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Shampoo your hair. Repeat this every alternate day.
Step 3: Check if you Lack certain Vitamins and Nutrients
As per the third step, make sure that you are getting the necessary vitamins and nutrients that are required for healthy hair.
The deficiency of Vitamin D, iron and zinc can lead to hair loss. Include enough proteins in your diet and make sure that you get enough of Vitamins A, E, C and B-Vitamins.
Step 4: Consult a Specialist
If you are still facing significant hair loss/hair fall after the aforementioned steps, it is best to consult a Doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Follow these 4 easy steps to prevent hair fall and to get the thick and the lustrous hair of your dreams!
Sources: Diet-health.info, Facebook Page of 5-Minute Crafts Girly, Healthline, Medium, Mother Nature Network, Pixabay.