Tips to Include More Fibre in Your Diet
Fibre is an essential part of the diet and there are many types of food products that help maintain the fibre levels in a diet. The fibre in food helps reduce constipation, it aids in weight loss and improves metabolism. Fibre is an essential component of the diet as it reduces cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of diabetes and improves overall heart health. It promotes healthy gut bacteria and both soluble and insoluble fibres are needed for good health. The following are some of the ways to include fibre in the diet:
Ways to Include Fibre in the Diet
- Dietary fibre is available in different types of grains, bread, and pasta. To increase the fibre content in the diet a great idea is to include whole-grain breakfast cereals, whole wheat pasta, and wholegrain or multigrain bread to the diet. Amaranth, buckwheat, barley, rye, oats, bulgar wheat, millet, and quinoa are all great sources of fibre.
- There are many types of fruits that can provide fibre to the diet. This includes different types of berries like raspberries and blackberries, pears, different types of melons, and sweet corn. Corn has high fibre content and eating popcorn is a great way to improve fibre content.
- Beans, pulses, and peas are highly nutritious and provide different types of proteins, minerals, vitamins, and fibre to the diet. Nuts and seeds are also a great option for people looking to increase the fibre content in the diet.
- Many fruits and vegetables all over the world have high fibre content. The fibre content, however, is lost when these fruits and vegetables are juiced and it is a good idea to eat these fruits fresh and whole.
- Many fruits and vegetable have their fibre content largely in their skins and peels. Potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, apples, sweet potatoes, and other such fruits and vegetables should be eaten with their peels and skins.
The above-mentioned foods are easy to include in the diet. Delicious meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinners can be made by using these food items mentioned above. The increasing fibre content in the diet is easy and the tips mentioned above are a great way to make changes in the diet.
Image Sources: Pixabay, Flickr