- Multiple entries are allowed. Photos are mandatory for each recipe.
- Khajoor ShrikhandCook time 0 mins29 Likes
Shrikhand is an all time favourite dessert in Gujarat. The simple blend of hung yogurt and sugar spiked with some nuts and aromatics never fails to please the tastebuds. Shrikhand is an absolute must during the summers, a season when we up the yogurt intake to escape the side effects of extreme heat. The Khajoor Shrikhand is a simple, refreshing and healthy dessert to make. The amount of added sugar can be curtailed to a great extent. I am not required to add any sugar in the Khajoor Shrikhand I make. The key is to use very thick chakka and good quality dates. The moist and sweet the dates are the better it is for the Shrikhand. Try to blend the mix with a balloon whisk so as to maintain the tightness of the yogurt. Chill the Shrikhand ( 5 hours preferred) very well before serving. It makes an ideal dessert for those managing weight or control sugar.
- Orange Saffron Laccha RabriCook time 45 mins7 Likes
Traditional rabri with tangy orange twist
- Khubani Ka MeethaCook time 40 mins14 Likes
Khubani Ka Meetha or Qubani ka Meetha is a traditional Hyderabadi sweet delicacy made from dried apricots. Khubani is an urdu term for apricots. So khubani ka meetha means apricot halwa or sweet made from apricots. This is a very easy-to-make dessert.
- Badam Burfi Cook time 40 mins20 Likes
Badam burfis a famous Indian sweet filled with rich almond and cardamom flavors. Recipe inspired by Jayashri Baleri
- Chennapoda -The Indian CheesecakeCook time 60 mins15 Likes
How many of us aware of this fact that the only Indian Cheesecake is made in Odisha! It’s not brought by any Roman from Greece rather a person named Sudarshan Sahu, the owner of a confectionery from Nayagad invented with his own Food-skills. It all happened when he was experimenting with the left-over Chenna mixing it with some sugar and spices. He left it in an Earthen-stove over-night that was still warm from earlier use. The next day, he was pleasantly surprised to find out what a scrumptious dessert he had created. “Chenna” is nothing but a close cousin to Ricotta Cheese.
- Carrot Payasam Or Gajar KheerCook time 15 mins14 Likes
There are a lot of variations in the method of preparation for Carrot Payasam. I have used custard powder for thickness . Milkmaid can be used too . This recipe is quite similar to the most famous Indian dessert 'gajar halwa' but this is in the form of payasam.
- Sev Barfi / MithaiCook time 20 mins12 Likes
Sev Burfi is famous Sindhi Mithai and is very easy to make and gets done in less than 20 minutes. The key to a well-made Sev Burfi is to ensure that the Sev is cooked and yet retains its shape.
- Chanar JilipiCook time 60 mins2 Likes
Chanar Jilipi is a famous sweet of Kolkatta. Chanar Jilipi is deep fried Cottage cheese swirl dipped in sugar syrup.
- Bhapa DoiCook time 390 mins3 Likes
Baked sweet curd is a traditional sweet of Bengal. It is delicious and makes a great dessert for summers
- Chenna kesar RabdiCook time 40 mins23 Likes
chenna kesar Rabdi is dessert made up of reducing milk , saffron and chenna
- Chocolate PatisaptaCook time 30 mins7 Likes
- Malpua served with Rabdi and fruitsCook time 20 mins7 Likes
- Black HalwaCook time 45 mins5 Likes
- Suji kakara pithaCook time 15 mins2 Likes
- Thandai Spiced RabriCook time 90 mins13 Likes
- Peanuts and Fennel SardaiCook time 15 mins6 Likes
- Choco fudge (dessert)Cook time 20 mins1 Likes
- Hyderabadi Shahjahani Meetha (Tomato Halwa)Cook time 12 mins6 Likes
- Ras MalaiCook time 60 mins3 Likes
- Red velvet Bengali rasagullaCook time 30 mins3 Likes
- MesurpakCook time 15 mins6 Likes
- Kashmiri Semolina Pudding ( Kong Phirin )Cook time 15 mins12 Likes
- Kaju strawberryCook time 10 mins2 Likes
- Beetroot and Tofu BarfiCook time 20 mins4 Likes
- OATS SWEET APPAMCook time 25 mins2 Likes
- Chenna kesar RabdiCook time 40 mins23 Likes
- Chenar Pulao /Chenar JardaCook time 30 mins2 Likes
- SAPOTA HALWA / CHIKOO HALWACook time 25 mins3 Likes
- WHEAT RAVA KESARICook time 15 mins9 Likes
- Arisa pithaCook time 20 mins3 Likes
- 5 Hampers, Aureolelife products & Hand Blender (Rs. 3,000 each) - view on Aureolelife website
Contest terms & conditions
- The recipe should be the participants ORIGINAL work, they can however take inspiration from anyone else’s work
- The recipe must be accompanied by original photograph/s. If found to be plagiarised, the recipe will be taken off.
- The contest is open to individuals across the world. Do provide us with a valid Indian address to ship the prize.
- BetterButter reserves the right to extend the deadline.
- Winners will receive prizes within 30 days from the date of announcement of the winner, provided the address is shared with us on time.
- The entries submitted by participants may be used by Betterbutter for publicity purposes in future.