How To Make Chicken Manchurian
This delicious dish is the perfect accomplice for your favourite fried rice or noodles.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Key ingredients for Chicken Manchurian
Homemade Chicken Stock
Ingredients to make Chicken Manchurian
- 500 grams boneless chicken (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Oil as required to deep fry
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed chilli peppers
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed green chillies
- Handful of chopped cilantro/coriander
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 15 ml soya sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ajinomoto
- 2 tbsp of cornflour mixed with water (extra cornflour is required to thicken the gravy)
- 60 ml water
- Spring onions to garnish (finely chopped)
Steps to make Chicken Manchurian
- Take a bowl and mix in the following ingredients- corn flour, flour, salt, pepper along with the beaten egg. Mix this batter properly.
- Soak the chicken pieces in the batter one by one. Deep fry the chicken in a kadai with heated oil, till they turn golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the garlic and ginger till they become slightly brown in colour. This is the first step to make the manchurian sauce.
- Next add in the green chilies and cilantro leaves. Let this fry for a minute or so.
- Lower the heat and add in the chicken stock, soya sauce, salt, sugar, pepper and ajinomoto. Let this simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Finally add in corn flour mixed with water and bring to a boil. Put the fried chicken into the manchurian sauce and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot with fried rice or noodles.