Vegetable Manchow Soup
What comes to your mind when you think of cold, chilly nights? Cozy corners, blankets, and soups right? Yes, that’s what I thought! The easy option for me is of course mixed vegetable soup which is sour and spicy, the vegetable manchow soup. Simple, hearty, yet light it is healthy and delicious too. And you know what s the best part about this soup? Those delicious crunchy fried noodles on the top!
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
- 2 Carrots
- 10 green beans
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) cabbage
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) white spring onions
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/4 cup water + extra
- Green spring onions to garnish
- 1/2 cup fried noodles
- Wash all the vegetables(onions, ginger, garlic, carrots, beans, cabbage) and chop them very finely.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add ginger, garlic and onions into the hot oil. Saute till the onions turns pink in colour.
- Add all the finely chopped vegetables along with the salt and pepper powder. Cook it on a high flame for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next add in soy sauce and vinegar. Mix it well together. Add water as required and bring it to a boil.
- Add corn flour into the water and mix well making sure there are no lumps present. Pour this into the soup while stirring constantly. Let it simmer and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles in water as per the packet instructions and then drain it. Fry the noodles in hot oil until it is crisp. Remove from the oil and drain it on a paper towel.
- Once the soup is ready, adjust the seasoning as per taste and turn off the stove.
- Pour this hot soup into serving bowls, top it with fried noodles and green spring onions. Serve immediately.
My Tip: Crunchy noodles drenching in this hot and comforting soup makes this vegetable manchow soup more interesting to sip on.