Key ingredients for Masala pav
Ingredients to make Masala pav
- Butter 2 tbsp
- cumin seeds 1/2 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chilli and garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Onion 1 cup
- capsicum 1/2 cup
- tomatoes 1.5 cups
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- pav bhaji masala 1 tbsp
- Coriander 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice 1/2 tsp
Steps to make Masala pav
- Take 2 tbsp of butter in a pan. Let it melt.
- Add cumin seeds and kashmiri chilli + garlic paste.
- Add chopped onion and capsicum. Mix well
- Add little water. And allow it to cook for 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Once the onion and capsicum become soft, add chopped tomatoes, salt to taste, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala. Add water to it. And aloow it to cook for 10-12 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Mash the masala lightly
- - add coriander and lemon juice. - Our masala is done
- In another pan , add butter, and 3-4 tbsp of above masala prepared. Saute well
- - cut pav horizontally ( more than half way )
- Place the inner side of the pav on the pan and cover it with masala
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot