Bhindi Fry (Crispy Mangalore style Lady's Fingers fry)
- 1.5 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- Dash of hing or asaefoetida
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- Salt to taste
- oil to fry
- A sprig of curry leaves
- 250 grams okra or lady's fingers
- 2 tsp Mustard Oil
- Wash and clean okra. Pat dry each okra with a kitchen paper towel. This step is important. Do not skip this step.
- Chop the okra into 1 inch size pieces. Add mustard oil and coat the okra pieces well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix rice flour, hing, curry powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, cayenne and salt as per taste.
- Coat the okra pieces with this mixture in a bowl. Mix well so that the okra is coated well on all sides. Keep it aside at least for an hour.
- Heat enough oil in a fry pan to shallow fry the vegetable. Once the oil is hot, add the curry leaves, fry for a few seconds. Next add the marinaded okra and fry. Cook on medium heat till the okra is completely cooked.
- Serve the hot and crispy okra immediately. You can drizzle lemon juice to make it a little tangy.