- Multiple entries are allowed. Photos are mandatory for each recipe.
- Karela Thepla - Bitter Gourd Indian Flat BreadCook time 25 mins34 Likes
A quintessential Indian flat bread that belongs to Gujarati cuisine is made with wheat flour, gram flour and is flavoured with various additional ingredients like Fenugreek, Spinach, Beetroot, Bitter gourd etc. Theplas made with grated bitter gourd is ideal breakfast option for weight watchers and also is a diabetic friendly dish. Thepla is typically eaten with pickles and is a common breakfast in Gujarat and also a favourite travel/journey food. Thepla resembles Indian paratha a lot but is thin and made with minimum oil or butter unlike those ghee drenched Punjabi parathas. Serve Karela Thepla along with Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita and Aam Ka Achaar for a light lunch or breakfast.
- Banana stem saladCook time 2 mins15 Likes
In south India food is served on a banana leaf, the raw fruit is cooked as a vegetable and the ripe one had as a fruit, the flower too makes a delicious side dish. Now we are left with just the stem and the root and believe it or not the stem can be made into a juicy fresh salad. So except for the root we use all parts of the banana plant. The stem is just water and fiber and is very good not just for weight loss but reduces the chances of bladder stones.
- Muesli and Chia Seeds PorridgeCook time 15 mins27 Likes
Muesli is the best known cereal out there . Start your day with this fiber rich bowl and you are ready for the day . For a little twist , I decided to add in some chia seeds along with the fruits that I toss in .
- Green tea soupCook time 60 mins17 Likes
Healthy with an antioxidant boost
- Beetroot Infused Grilled Basa Fish & Radish - Pomegranate DipCook time 10 mins13 Likes
basa fish fillet which is marinated in a beetroot puree and grilled on tawa using just a teaspoon of olive oil is served with a delicious radish and pomegranate dip. The dip is prepared using low fat hung curd which is mixed with a grated radish and pomegranate to balance the taste of less spicy fish. The addition of dill leaves enhances the flavor of dip and gives a fresh flavor.
- Weight Watchers Garlic & Curry Leaf Grilled ChickenCook time 20 mins34 Likes
This is a simple recipe of grilled chicken with garlic and curry leaves flavor. According to Ayurveda, garlic and curry leaves which have fat burning properties.
- Super Green Power Smoothie !! (V+GF+SF+PB)Cook time 5 mins15 Likes
Being fit and healthy means Being Strong.Whether your goal is to maintain a healthy lifestyle or minus off those few extra pounds, don't forget balanced nutrition is the key to success.Your Perfect well balanced post workout meal should have a lot of carbs, a decent amount of protein ( 6 to 20 grams is plenty), lots of antioxidants, and little fat :) The next time you want to feed your muscles right, you can’t fail with this Super Green Smoothie recipe.
- Grilled Dahi BainganCook time 5 mins45 Likes
Healthy starter or a meal
- Stir-fry SpinachCook time 5 mins29 Likes
Healthy seafood dish witht he unusual addition of spinach. Very tasty!
- Sorakaya & drumsticks aava kuuraCook time 30 mins5 Likes
- Prune and Appricot puddingCook time 30 mins3 Likes
- Oats n tofu tikkiCook time 20 mins6 Likes
- Banana stem saladCook time 2 mins15 Likes
- Zucchini ChipsCook time 15 mins9 Likes
- Oats Semolina Vegetable IdliCook time 20 mins9 Likes
- Sugar free Purple yogurt cup cakeCook time 120 mins3 Likes
- Healthy and Tasty Oats PulaoCook time 15 mins60 Likes
- BRILLIANT REDCook time 0 mins4 Likes
- Raw banana kababCook time 5 mins12 Likes
- Tomato Carrot Oats SoupCook time 20 mins6 Likes
- Broccoli-Almond-Pea SoupCook time 30 mins3 Likes
- Chicken StewCook time 20 mins38 Likes
- YELLOW SALADCook time 0 mins2 Likes
- Oats Beetroot Paneer KebabCook time 10 mins8 Likes
- Moong Daal Dosa with tomato chutney and corriander coconut chutneyCook time 15 mins9 Likes
- Brown bread palak uttapaCook time 10 mins5 Likes
- Broken Wheat Salad with grilled paneer and vegetablesCook time 30 mins1 Likes
- Chhole in Bengali styleCook time 25 mins4 Likes
- Broken wheat upma and boiled eggsCook time 25 mins4 Likes
- 5 Prizes, Wonderchef Nutri-Blend (Rs. 5,000 each) - View on Amazon's website
Contest terms & conditions
- The recipe should be the participants ORIGINAL work, they can however take inspiration from anyone else’s work
- The recipe must be accompanied by original photograph/s. If found to be plagiarised, the recipe will be taken off.
- The contest is open to individuals across the world. Do provide us with a valid Indian address to ship the prize.
- BetterButter reserves the right to extend the deadline.
- Winners will receive prizes within 30 days from the date of announcement of the winner, provided the address is shared with us on time.
- The entries submitted by participants may be used by Betterbutter for publicity purposes in future.