Orange scented Dry fruits Shahi Pulao
How to make Ghee
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup assorted nuts and fruits
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp Ghee or Olive oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 garlic pearls
- 3 green chilies
- 2 tbsp. warm milk
- 4-5 Saffron strands
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Few mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Spices:- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- 1 small bay leaf
- Wash the Basmati rice and soak it in clean water for 20 minutes or more.
- Soak saffron strands in warm milk for 10 minutes.
- Slice the onion finely and grate ginger. Slit the green chilies into two.
- Grate the peel of orange (for zest)and squeeze to take out the juice in a cup.
- Heat ghee or Olive oil in a large wok or kadai and quickly fry cashew nuts and almonds for a minute and take them out in a small bowl.
- Add cloves, cardamom pods, star anise and bay leaf in the same oil and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add sliced ginger, chopped garlic, slit green chilies and sauté for another minute
- Drain the water from the rice, add the rice, raisins, sugar and salt in the wok and combine lightly to coat each grain with ghee or oil.
- Pour warm water and orange juice in the wok, cover the wok with a lid and let it cook on medium heat 7-8 minutes.
- Add roasted cashew nuts, almonds and soaked saffron strands with milk in the wok, stir lightly and cover again.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes or till the rice is cooked and water is absorbed completely.
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves, pineapple pieces and grated orange zest.
- Serve this flavorful pulao with yogurt raita or any Indian curry.
My Tip: Replace orange juice with plain water if you wish.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.