Coconut and Rose Syrup Bundt Cake
- 1 cup All purpose flour/Barley Flour/50:50 of both the flours
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Rose syrup (homemade)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut, slightly toasted + 1 tsp for garnish
- Note : No Sugar used, since the homemade rose syrup is sweet enough for the cake.
- For the glaze
- 1/3 cup of Caster sugar
- 2-3 tbsp of Rose Syrup (homemade)
- 1 tbsp water
- Take Buttermilk in a measuring jug, add baking soda to it. Whisk well to dissolve and let it stand for 10 minutes. It will rise a bit and become airy and light. Now take rose syrup and oil in another mug, stir well to combine.
- If using combination of flours, then sift them well thrice, or else sift the flour once or use a balloon whisk and whisk well.
- To this flour, add dessicated coconut and whisk well. Now slowly, add the buttermilk and rose syrup-oil mixture to this. Combine using a spatula.
- While mixing, do so lightly and also in one direction. Remember this is a cake batter and not idly/dosa/pancake batter where you stir vigorously on all directions :) Be genteel!!!
- Grease your bundt pan, i used my mini bundt pan for baking this beauty. Pour the batter till 3/4 th of the pan. I got about 2-3 tbsp of batter excess, which i baked into a muffin. Tap the pan for the batter to settle well.
- Preheat the oven to 170C, bake the bundt for about 40-45 minutes. The muffin took just 25 minutes to bake.
- Remove the pan from the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes, run a blunt knife around the cake, remove it onto a wire rack. Let it cool completely.
- For the Glaze Mix together sugar, rose syrup and water together to get a thick pour-able glaze. Spread on the cake and sprinkle some toasted coconut. Cut and serve.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.