How To Make Coconut and Nutella Baked Samosa
Indulge guilt free in this dessert that makes for a very elegant culmination to a satisfying meal.
- Prep Time40mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Coconut and Nutella Baked Samosa
How to make Ghee
Homemade Short Crust Pastry
Ingredients to make Coconut and Nutella Baked Samosa
- For pastry
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp semolina
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 1/2 cup scant water for making dough
- Oil for brushing the samosa
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- For Filling
- 1 jar Nutella
- 4 tbsp desiccated Coconut
- 4 tbsp Hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- 4 tsp Almonds (roughly chopped)
- 4 tsp Pistachio (roughly chopped)
Steps to make Coconut and Nutella Baked Samosa
- Mix the flours and add ghee. Mix together the flour with ghee till it becomes somewhat crumbly. Add water and make a stiff dough. Cover the dough with a cloth and keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the oven at 220 degrees C. Divide the dough in 12 equal parts and make balls. Roll out each ball to four inches diameter and scoop a generous teaspoon of nutella in the center, sprinkle over some nuts and desiccated coconut.
- Bring the edges together and seal them in what ever shape you fancy. You can bring together the edges and pinch them to make a triangular shape or a squarish shape (like I did) or shape them into a d-shape like gujiya.
- Brush the samosas with a little oil and arrange them on a baking tray. Bake till the pastry turns golden brown. Remove from oven and cool them on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners sugar and drizzle with some more nutella. Enjoy!!
My Tip: For some indulgence, serve the samosa with some whipped cream or ice cream. YUM! Yields: a dozen