Grilled Chicken, Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Roasted Poppy seed Dressing
- Grilled chicken breast sliced-01 no.
- Romaine lettuce-04 cups
- Strawberry fresh sliced-01 cup
- Baby Spinach fresh and crisp- 01 bunch
- Blueberries fresh-01 cup
- Mandarin oranges- 01 cup
- Pineapple chunks fresh stewed in sugar
- Pecans toasted and cut into Halves- ½ c
- For the dressing:Light mayonnaise- ½ cup
- Skimmed milk- Äµ th cup
- Dijon Mustard-01 tsp.
- Orange juice- Äµ th cup
- Red Muscato grape juice- 30 ml.
- Apple cider vinegar- 15 ml.
- Poppy seed lightly roasted- ½ tbsp.
- Sugar- 30 gm.
- Salt- to taste
- In a glass bowl toss the salad ingredients together that is from sliced Grilled chicken breast to toasted Pecan halves.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the salad dressing i.e. from Light Mayonnaise to salt.
- Drizzle the dressing on to the salad ingredients and toss gently.
My Tip: 1. Wash and keep the lettuce and baby spinach in chilled water, in order to keep it fresh and crispy 2. Add the dressing to the salad just before service, in order to prevent it from becoming soggy. 3. You may marinate the chicken with extra virgin olive oil and dried herbs before grilling and then slice.