Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani | How to make Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani Recipe
There is something alluring about heritage, traditions and culture. After I moved to the USA, some good, 8 or 9 years back, I started to appreciate the world I left behind, more. Things, like, Maa's cooking, that I used to take for granted, became something to yearn for. Thats when, I gradually learned to re-create the dishes my Maa used to make - recipes handed down to her from her mother-in-law or mom. There are a few out there. But I will share one here which was originally my Maa's idea, but I modified it a little to suit the taste of my kids and my family here. Its called - The KASHMIRI DUM ALOO BIRYANI. I'm sure, you will not find this recipe any where. This is unique and everyone must give it a try to know how good this can be.
Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani is a delicious dish which is liked by people of all age groups. Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani by Aish Das-Padihari has a step by step process of how to make the dish. This makes it very easy to understand for even beginners. This recipe can serve 4 people. You can find Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani at many restaurants and you can also prepare this at home. This authentic and mouthwatering Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani takes 30 minutes for the preparation and 60 minutes for cooking. When you want to prepare something delicious for a party or special occasion then Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani is a good option for you. The flavour of Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani is tempting and you will enjoy each bite of this. Try this Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani on weekends and impress your family and friends. You can comment and rate the Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani recipe on the page below.
Ingredients to make Kashmiri Dum Aloo Biryani
- For Kashmiri Dum Aloo: 15 to 20 baby potatoes
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tbsp grated ginger and 1 tbsp grated garlic
- 2 big red onions chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes pureed
- 1 tbsp fennel powder/saunf powder, 1 tbsp shah jeera/caraway seeds, 1 inch cinnamon, 3 cloves, 1 black cardamom, 4 to 5 black peppers ,1 green cardamom
- 10/15 cashews soaked in 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup yogurt
- For the Rice: 1.5 cup Basmati Rice, 2.5 cups of water 1 tsp salt 1 TBSP cinnamon powder, a pinch of turmeric, 1 TBSP saffron milk, 2 TBSP ghee or oil
- For Layering: 1 cup deep fried onion, Handful of cashew nuts for garnish, 1 sprig mint leaves chopped, 1 sprig cilantro finely chopped, Few drops of rose water