How To Make Avocado Colby Jack Cheese Paranthas
Colby Jack or Cojack is a classic American combination of Colby and Monterey Jack cheese. It is a semi soft cheese and has a beautiful white orange exterior which makes it appealing. The colby jack melts really well and so when mixed with ripe avacados ,they make an irresistable flavor bomb. Avocados with cheese can be used in puffs, sandwiches or dips. I decided to give it an Indian tadka and made avocado colby jack parathas, a perfect healthy snack and breakfast.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time10mins
Key ingredients for Avocado Colby Jack Cheese Paranthas
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Avocado Colby Jack Cheese Paranthas
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 cup Colby Jack shredded cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat flour(atta)
- 1/4 cup or as required for dusting and rolling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp olive oil for dough + oil for shallow frying the paranthas
Steps to make Avocado Colby Jack Cheese Paranthas
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed.Scoop out the inner flesh of the avocado with a spoon, separating it from the outer skin. Place it in a bowl and mash it using a fork or if you don't mind being messy, use your hands.
- Add lemon juice to avoid decoloration of the avocados. Add red chilly powder, cumin powder, ginger powder, kasuri methi, salt and garam masala. Mix well.
- Take the flour in a medium size mixing bowl. Add the mashed avocado and knead the flour into a smooth and firm dough. Add oil and knead lightly again with fingers. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Do not add water to knead the flour.
- Take Colby Jack cheese in a separate bowl. Make 4 medium size balls from the dough. Roll out each ball into a medium sized chapati on a lightly floured surface.
- Place 1/4 cup shredded cheese in the center of each chapati, bring together the edges, twist and turn to seal . Tear off the excess dough. Lightly coat the stuffed ball with flour and roll out into a round paratha using a rolling pin.
- Heat a non stick tawa. When the tawa is hot,place a paratha on it. Cook lightly one side till you see small bubbles rising on the surface.
- Turn the other side and cook for 20-30 seconds. Drizzle oil over it and flip it. Drizzle oil on the other side and again flip. Cook till both sides are light golden and crisp.
- Serve the paranthas warm immediately .