Vegan Thai Noodle Soup
.Vegan Thai noodle soup is a comforting bowl of healthy, nutritious and delicious goodness you need in your life and can make in 15 mins and in one pot, no jokes! This recipe has been loosely inspired by the coconut curry noodle soup from thewoksoflife
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- handful fresh coconut shavings
- 3 tbsp Thai yellow curry paste You can use green or red curry paste if you don't want a vegan version
- 1 Lime
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 3 cups vegetarian stock
- handful per person dried noodles of choice rice vermicelli/egg noodles/soba/ramen
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Carrot cut into match sticks
- 2 red chili chopped fine, deseeded
- handful fresh basil
- handful fresh coriander
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 tbsp pomegranate aril
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger/galangal minced/grated finely
- 1/2 Red onion sliced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper sliced
- 5 baby corn, blanched and cut in halves
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- Start by heating the oil. Add the ginger and garlic, saute for 30 secs
- Add the onion and saute till translucent. Add all the veggies and saute for 3 mins till slightly softened but still fresh with a bite to it.
- Add the yellow (whichever curry paste you are using) and fry for 5 mins tills fragrant
- Add the stock, coconut milk , sugar and a little salt to it and let it come to a boil. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Now add the noodles to the broth and let it cook till done. I used egg noodles that take 6 mins. Turn off heat and ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, cherry tomato, chili, pomegranate and coconut shavings.
- Squeeze some lime juice into each bowl and serve immediately. Bon appetit`
My Tip: If you are not a vegan, simply use the curry paste of your choice for making this. Coconut milk is mandatory. Use of vegetable depends on your preference. If adding chicken, saute the shredded/ diced chicken with the curry paste till it turns white, almost 5-6 mins. Then add the vegetables to ensure they remain crisp. Do not overcook the vegetables, you want them to have a bite.