Ingredients to make Coconut Chikki
- 400 grams - dry grated coconut
- 150 grams - brown sugar
- 150 grams - sugar
- 2-3 tbsp - Ghee
Steps to make Coconut Chikki
- Roast grated coconut in 1 tbsp ghee.
- In a frying pan take brown sugar and mix sugar. Add a little water and boil the mixture.
- When it attains chikki like consistency, put a drop of the batter in water and check if it is hard.
- Mix coconut. Mix well and pour in a greased thali. Cut into pieces and serve.
My Tip: The sugar mixture should be properly cooked or else the chikki won't set properly.