Mughlai Murgh Parathas
- 500g Chicken minced
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 2 tomatoes deseeded and chopped finely
- 3-4 green chilies chopped finely
- 6-8 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1" ginger grated or minced
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin powder
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil as per requirement
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 Eggs (or more)
- Whole wheat flour dough
- Wash chicken mince and drain thoroughly.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Sauté.
- Add immediately chicken mince and keep stirring to blend all masala thoroughly into the mince.
- Cook till oil starts leaving pan. Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are softened and mushy.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat oil and add coriander leaves. Sauté and immediately add onions. Cook till onions are browned.
- Combine the onions with mince and adjust any seasoning. Let the moisture in the mince evaporate. Switch off gas and cool down.
- Beat eggs with little salt and chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat a thick bottomed tawa/pan. Keep flame low. With a pastry brush, spread oil on the tawa.
- Combine chopped onions with 1/4 tsp red chili powder.
- Take a big piece of dough and roll out large disc. Place it carefully on tawa/skillet.
- Spoon the egg on the paratha and spread it out.
- Place few spoons of mince in the center of the paratha and add chopped onions.
- Quickly start folding the paratha from the edges making sure they overlap a bit to form a triangle.
- Increase flame to medium and fry the paratha both sides till golden brown adding little oil as per requirement while frying.
- Remove paratha from the tawa/skillet. Cool till its warm and cut in pieces for easy packing and handling for the lunchbox.
My Tip: To save on time, the onions were fried separately but they can be fried prior to adding meat in the same pan.